Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More UPS units

Since the power outage I blogged about a while back the power has gone out a couple more times and I have inherited (for a small fee an IT auction last month :) several UPS units that are no longer welcome at the company. I need to get them home, remove the batteries, test them, and modify the good ones like I described earlier. Any good ones will be available to the amateur radio community here in Utah County.

These are all 650VA units like this only black. I would be willing to bet that most of them are perfectly operational and that the batteries are just worn out.

If anyone local knows of small personal UPS units like these (I'm not interested in large data center units) that are no longer welcome in their present homes, add a comment here to let me know and I'll do my best to give them a new lease on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment